Wednesday 19 March 2014

childhood dream

Isn't it every kid's dream to work in a toy store?


Well my dream finally came true in London this year when I started working at the Sylvanian Families Shop. I've always adored the cute furry calico critters (and had a small collection as a child). My interest in Blythe dolls has certainly fuelled my passion for all things cute and miniature into the present-day, so I suppose you could say I've never really outgrown toys.

A job is a job at the end of the day, but why not make it something where you can find a bit of childhood magic every now and then? That is exactly how I felt today when I was asked to assemble some kits for the window display. I love the miniature details and thought that goes into making every tiny element of the kit absolutely perfect. I really love toys because of this imaginative quality and ability to capture the minute details of the everyday. They don't serve any 'purpose' except for play and imagination, which is something that not only children need, but all of us do.



I have a feeling 6-year old Sophia would have been proud of 24-year old Sophia today.

No comments: