I then decided to design my own pattern in order to make smaller scallops. I thought perhaps the smaller scale would work better with Blythe designs. After some fiddling around in my advanced knitting software (Microsoft Word :P), I came up with a smaller scallop design across 6 stitches.
I modified the basic hat pattern I was using in order to accomodate 12 of the scallops. I cast a total of 18 stitches over 4 DPNs for a total of 72 stitches. Once again I did a basic 2x2 ribbing for 3 rows, then made the colour work. I then did a basic stockinette for 9 rows before doing a decrease as normal.