Wednesday 12 February 2014

3 weeks of knitting later...

It hasn't taken me long to become completely obsessed with knitting Blythe hats! This morning I decided to take a (non-iPhone) photograph of the ones I have made so far, minus the one I gifted my friend Linda.



Here are some of the yarns I have been using. A lovely and vibrant acrylic DK from Stylecraft, which has changed my mind about acrylic yarn! I want to make a granny square blanket out of this yarn later, as they offer more than 50 colour shades! Some gorgeous Debbie Bliss Blue Leicester DK, which I love for their gentle speckled effect. Last week my friend and I went to the trusty John Lewis where I picked up some Sirdar Snuggly Pearls DK, a lovely acrylic *sparkly* yarn! Sparkly!

As you can see, I have worked through a number of designs, both based on other's patterns and my own. I am still trying to find my 'style.' Thanks to the encouragement of my friends though, I think I will be working towards an shop update on my long-neglected Etsy shop, where I used to sell photograph prints.

At the present time I have 4 different styles I have been working on. There is the basic knitted hat, the basic knitted hat with scallops, the double scallop hat (new design), and the cupcake hat (new design modelled by the doll in the above photograph) using an inverted scallop hat that I then intend to embellish with beads.

Which ones do you like? Should I make a variety for the shop update? I will work hard! ^_^

4 comments:

Unknown said...

GAWD! They are all so cute, I want them alllll! They are really brilliant. You've got the goods, kid! xoxox

Cosmia said...

I love them all! I think my favorite is the double scalloped. Never too many scallops ^_~

Sophia said...

Thank you so much for your lovely words, Christine!

Sophia said...

Teehee thanks Cosmia. I like the combination of using 3 colours so I will make more of them!