Tuesday 10 September 2013

Hello Amineko

Amineko, which means crochet cat, is a little character designed by Nekoyama. I first came across Amineko on a number of websites and blogs, and I next remember seeing the Japanese book about the "Crafty Cat" in Kinokuniya book shop in Sydney. Well the book has since been translated into English, and I have been meaning to make one ever since I learnt crochet!



I made my first Amineko as a present for my mother. Her favourite colour is green so I picked a beautiful hand-dyed cotton yarn. I used some pebbles to weigh down the toy so he can sit comfortably, and I put a pipe cleaner in his tail so that it is posable.


I am really happy with the way he turned out, and I intend to make lots more of these Aminekos with different sized yarns and colours. I have this vision of making a bunch of them to sit on my future mantle shelf. I hope my boyfriend won't mind!


1 comment:

Sheree said...

He's absolutely adorable!!! I think I'm gonna have to get myself a copy of that book very soon. :)