Thursday 15 August 2013

Ichigo

Today was a beautiful day in Melbourne, and I was inspired to take some photos of my custom Blythe doll Ichigo at the local park. For those of you who are new to Blythe dolls, they are 12 inch fashion dolls originally released in 1972 by Kenner (now Hasbro), and produced since 2001 by Takara in Japan. I have been collecting these dolls since 2007, and Blythe enthusiasts around the world share their passion and love for these big-eyed dolls on a number of online networks and communities.



This doll is very special to me, and was customised by my talented friend Tiina. The doll was inspired by one of my favourite video game series, Katamari, and her name is taken from the game as well.



It was my love of Blythe that first introduced me to photography as a hobby, and even after all these years they are still my biggest muse. I will share more of my Blythe photography and my collection here on this blog shortly.

No comments: